Show notes for AVSP Episode 02
Shownotes Ã¢â‚¬â€œ July 31, 2005
- ESA uses remotely-sensed images to detect evidence of ice on Mars
- ESRI User Conference
- Release of ESRI Image Server
- Getting GeoSpatial data
- ArcGIS 9.2 (not yet released) Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Managing Spatial Data
- Side-by-side comparison of Google Maps and Virtual Earth
Discussion of Google Maps and Virtual Earth Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Issues with geospatial data
What is web mapping?
GIS professional web mapping software
Data issues in web mapping
Where can you get geospatial data and imagery?
Mapping and visualization software mentioned in this episode
Link to information on mapping hacks:
- GeoComputation 2005
- RGS & IGB Annual Conference 2005
- COSIT (Conference on Spatial Information Theory) 2005
- Email general comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our podcast website can be found at http://www.veryspatial.com/
Special thanks to EarthShine for the use of their music for our theme. Their website can be found at http://www.earthshinemusic.com/
Thanks to everyone for tuning in to the VerySpatial podcast, and weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll see you next week!