A VerySpatial Podcast
Shownotes – Episode 237
January 31, 2010
Main Topic: Our conversation on the Census and Geography
Click for the detailed shownotes
- Italy’s education system to lose Geography?
- Future city competition winners – North Carolina, South Carolina
- NASS releases 2009 US Agricultural Land Cover dataset
- –GeoREST 1.0
- –the iPad…of course
- –Nokia’s Ovi Maps for smartphones to be free
- National Historical GIS
- This week we feature our conversation discussing what the Census means for Geography and geospatial technologies .
- Garmin Voice Studio
- Washington GIS Conference: 19-21 April, Tacoma, Washington
- International Commercial Remote Sensing Symposium: 3-5 March, Washington, DC
- GIS-Pro 2010 (URISA): 28 Sept – 1 Oct, Orlando – Abstracts by Feb 23
- International Conference on Crisis Mapping (ICCM) 2010: Haiti and Beyond: 1-3 October, Boston
Sponsored by ITT Visual Information Solutions and their product ENVI EX
Tip of the Week
This week A Very Spatial Podcast is sponsored by ESRI.
Mapping Forestry, a new book by ESRI Press, looks at the ways GIS technology is being used to support better forestry and land management decisions. The book provides firsthand reports from forestry professionals on their use of GIS to manage commercial operations and promote sustainable stewardship. For more information, visit www.esri.com/esripress.