This GPS unit looks fun. A combination of GPS, MP3 player, with PDA functions tossed in. Though the price tag might be a little high.
Extraterrestrial mapping efforts continue
The future of Hubble may seem similar to that of Landsat 7, but it is still getting the job done. Archives are nice too…
We have set up a Skype voice mailbox just as we said we would…5 weeks ago. So, for those of you on Skype, send your comments and questions to my account at jesse-veryspatial and if you aren’t on Skype just pick up your phone and call 304-756-8125. As with any VOIP the sound quality isn’t the best, but it is sound We apologize for the fact that it is a long distance number, but most people have free long distance on cell phones now and this also gives you a reason to go download Skype.
I will not answer Skype calls even if I am online, I let everything go to voice mail. I am not trying to be rude, but I do need to graduate some day :-O
The International Geographical Union is an academic organization intended to overcome the national and regional divides between geographers. They host an International Geographical Congress every 4 years, the last was Glasgow, Scotland in August 2004, with regional and topical conferences between.
In there own words:
The International Geographical Union has the following aims:
- to promote the study of geographical problems;
- to initiate and co-ordinate geographical research requiring international co-operation and to promote its scientific discussion and publication;
- to provide for the participation of geographers in the work of relevant international organizations;
- to facilitate the collection and diffusion of geographical data and documentation in and between all member countries;
- to promote International Geographical Congresses, regional conferences and specialized symposia related to the objectives of the Union;
- to participate in any other appropriate form of international co-operation with the object of advancing the study and application of geography;
- to promote international standardization or compatability of methods, nomenclature, and symbols employed in geography.
Quick survey. Is anyone interested in a dedicated shownote feed (just as the podcast has its own feed) or even a mailing list for the show notes? Both options are fairly simple for me to implement, however I would like to know if anyone would actually use them if I spent to the time setting them up If you would like to see either of these options please email me at email@example.com.
Episode 8 show notes will be out tomorrow (Monday) since I need to write tonight.
Main topic: Space and Place. News: Microsoft supporting spatial developers, new MapInfo deemed OGC compliant, and GSDI Small Grants.
The significance of math. Team Slackers United
I am still looking for bloggers and podcasters who plan to attend the AAG meetings in Chicago in March and who are interested in participating in a panel session on the use of these new technologies. If you are interested please email me at ‘jesse at very spatial dot com’.