A VerySpatial Podcast
Shownotes – Episode 271
September 26, 2010
Main Topic: Our conversation on perceptions of the future of US earth observation satellite programs
Click for the detailed shownotes
- —new version of the ERDAS ECW JPEG2000 SDK
- —Plane Finder AR adds Augmented Reality to flight tracking
- Eric Fischer’s Maps on Race and Ethnicity in Cities – Flickr stream
- This week we give our thoughts on perceptions of the future of US earth observation satellite programs, and discuss recent news articles and the US GAO’s report from May 2010 on the state of environmental satellite programs
- Geography Awareness Week (Nov 14-20) and GIS Day (Nov. 17th) – Get involved!
- INTERGEO: 5-7 October, Cologne, Germany
- GeoTunis: 29 November-3 December, Tunis, Tunisia
- Eleventh Crime Mapping Research Conference: 13-15 April, Miami, FL
- Where 2.0 2011: 19-21 April, Santa Clara, CA – Call for Participation now open
Sponsored by ITT Visual Information Solutions and their product ENVI EX
Tip of the Week
This week A Very Spatial Podcast is sponsored by ESRI.
Esri Press’ new workbook, The GIS 20: Essential Skills, features the top 20 skills fundamental to be successful in using a GIS. A survey of 500 GIS practitioners helped define the topics including creating good layouts, preparing data for ArcGIS, and publishing maps. For more information, visit www.esri.com/esripress.