A VerySpatial Podcast
Shownotes – Episode 227
November 22, 2009
Main Topic: Our conversation about geography awareness and its impact
Click for the detailed shownotes
- Tim Berners-Lee announces the launch of the first World Wide Web Foundation programs
- National Geographic asks senators to draw their states for Geography Awareness Week
- British government to open Ordnance Survey map data to the public
- –Magellan Roadmate 2010
- –Google Earth 2.0 for the iPhone
- –Twitter geolocation
- –ArcGIS Online tiling
- Be a Martian!
- This week we wrap up Geography Awareness Week 2009 with a conversation about geography awareness and its impacts
- paint.NET – free image editing software for Windows
Tip of the Week
- AR DevCamp: 5 December, Mountain View, CA
- 2010 Geospatial Infrastructure Solutions Conference: 25-29 April, Phoenix, AZ
- FOSS4G 2010: 6-9 September, Barcelona, Spain
- Remote Sensing and Hydrology 2010 Symposium: 27-30 September, Jackson Hole, WY
This week A Very Spatial Podcast is sponsored by ITT Visual Information Solution’s ENVI EX and ESRI.
The first GeoDesign Summit will take place January 6 – 8, 2010 on the ESRI campus in Redlands, California. Academics, engineers, and others will meet to discuss how to leverage geographic analysis in the design process. Learn more at www.geodesignsummit.com.