A VerySpatial Podcast
Shownotes – Episode 220
October 4, 2009
Main Topic: Our conversation with MapDiva’s Jill Saligoe-Simmel about Ortelius
Click for the detailed shownotes
- Apple bought PlaceBase…who knew?
- Google Earth tracking
- China completes 3D lunar map
- –Garmin ASUS nuviphone makes it to the US…finally
- –SpatialKey out of beta
- –Wikitude for the iPhone
- This week we talk with Jill Saligoe-Simmel of MapDiva, who gives us an overview of Ortelius, their newly-released mapping application for the Mac platform
- Sharing data online in the cloud – ZumoDrive, JungleDisk, SyncPlicity, DropBox
Tip of the Week
- 4th International Conference on Social Science Research: 9-11 December, Nashville, TN – Proposal deadline Oct. 15th
- Ninth International Symposium on Spatial Accuracy Assessment in Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences: 20-23 July, Leceister, UK
- 1st Joint UK Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry Society and Irish Earth Observation Symposium Conference: 1-3 September, Cork, Ireland
- SPIE Europe Remote Sensing 2010: 20-23 Sept, Toulouse, France
- Student paper competitions for AAG Annual Meeting 2010
This week A Very Spatial Podcast is sponsored by ESRI.
The 2009 ESRI Sourcebooks offer quick and easy access to reliable U.S. zip code and county data. Available through soft-cover books or on CD-ROM, this data will help you conduct accurate trade area analyses, evaluate population segments, and profile your customers and prospects. Find out more about the 2009 ESRI Sourcebooks at www.esri.com/sourcebooks.