A VerySpatial Podcast
Shownotes – Episode 219
September 27, 2009
Main Topic: Our conversation on Augmented Reality
Click for the detailed shownotes
- Google Earth climate change layers for COP15
- There’s water on the Moon
- “Driver Dave” helps Omaha 4th graders learn about Geography
- –Micello iPhone app – “Google Maps of indoor spaces”?
- –ENVI EX now shipping
- –Accuterra now live
- –Picasa 3.5 includes Google Maps integration and name tagging
- RezEd – the Hub for Learning and Virtual Worlds
- This week we sit down and offer some of our thoughts on Augmented Reality – Is it the next big thing? What is it all about? What are the challenges in implementing Augmented Reality?
- Use Google StreetView photos as textures in SketchUp
Tip of the Week
- Wherecamp Portland: 2-3 Oct, Portland, Oregon
- Geomatics 09: 21-22 October, Montreal, Quebec
- Wherecamp Montreal: 23 Oct, Montreal, Quebec
- GIScience 2010: 14-17 September, Zurich
This week A Very Spatial Podcast is sponsored by ESRI.
ESRI StreetMap Premium is now available with Tele Atlas data. This enhanced street database works with ESRI’s ArcGIS software to provide optimal geocoding, routing, and high-quality map display. For more information on StreetMap Premium, visit www.esri.com/streetmap.