A VerySpatial Podcast
Shownotes – Episode 215
August 30, 2009
Main Topic: Our conversation with Jon Kimerling and Aileen Buckley, authors of the 6th edition of Map Use: Reading and Analysis
Click for the detailed shownotes
- China to complete mapping of 286 cities by 2015
- Bill to give US President emergency control of Internet?
- GPS can save you time
- —Google Maps extension for ArcMap
- —CityCAD 1.8 released
- —BING SDK for iPhone and Mac
- Virtualization Gate
- This week we feature our ESRI UC conversation with Jon Kimerling and Aileen Buckley who, along with Phillip Muehrcke and Juliana Muehrcke, are the authors of Map Use: Reading and Analysis, 6th edition from ESRI Press. The authors discuss some of the themes and highlights from the book, and offer a little insight as to how the book came about.
- GIS Day Interactive Map and other new resources
Tip of the Week
- Spatial Sciences Conference: 28 Sept-2 Oct Adelaide, Australia
- ASPRS/MAPPS 2009 Specialty Conference: 16-19 Nov, San Antonio, TX
- ESRI International User Conference: July 12-16, San Diego – Abstracts due October 16
This week A Very Spatial Podcast is sponsored by ESRI.
The new version of ArcGIS Explorer is now available for download. This release includes a new easy-to-use ribbon interface; dynamic presentation tools; the ability to use 2D or 3D maps; and access to maps, layers, and tools directly from ArcGIS Online. To download ArcGIS Explorer for free, visit www.esri.com/arcgisexplorer.Share: